Gracey's Meat Hygiene, 11th Edition
- David S. Collins, Robert J. Huey
Gracey’s Meat Hygiene, Eleventh Edition is the definitive reference for veterinarians working in meat hygiene control. This new edition of a classic text reflects the recent significant changes in science, legislation and practical implementation of meat hygiene controls in the UK, Europe and worldwide since the 10th edition was published in 1999. An excellent practical guide for teaching food hygiene to veterinary students worldwide, in addition to laying the foundations of food animal anatomy, pathology and disease. New chapters address the increased concern of both the public and inspectors to issues of animal welfare and recognise the role of the profession, and interest from the consumer, in environmental protection.
Key features include:
- Fully updated new edition, in a refreshed design with colour photographs and illustrations throughout.
- Includes new content on meat hygiene inspection covering the components of an integrated food safety management system as well as animal health and welfare controls in the ‘farm to fork’ system.
- A practical approach to health and safety in meat processing is outlined by identifying the hazards and then describing how these can best be controlled.
- With contributions from veterinary and industry experts, this edition is both a valuable teaching aid and a practical reference for veterinarians and all food business operators and their staff.
Chapter 1: The Food Animals
Chapter 2: Anatomy
Chapter 3: Meat Establishment Construction and Equipment
Chapter 4: Preservation of Meat
Chapter 5: Plant Sanitation
Chapter 6: From Farm To Slaughter
Chapter 7: Humane Slaughter
Chapter 8: Meat Hygiene Practice
Chapter 9: Meat Inspection Protocols
Chapter 10: Poultry Production, Slaughter and Inspection
Chapter 11: Exotic Meat Production
Chapter 12: Food Poisoning and Meat Microbiology
Chapter 13: Controls on veterinary drug residues in the European Union
Chapter 14: Health and Safety in Meat Processing
|Verschijningsdatum||12 jan. 2015|
|Redactie||David S. Collins, Robert J. Huey|