The Essential Burn Unit Handbook, 2nd revised edition
Book & Online
- Jeffrey J. Roth, William Hughes
The Essential Burn Unit Handbook is a pocket-sized reference dedicated to the evaluation, diagnosis, care, and treatment of burn patients. It covers the spectrum of burn care, from initial assessment and treatment to long-term sequelae.
This second edition includes an added chapter on the criteria for admissions to a burn unit as well as outpatient and follow-up care. It covers a wealth of topics that surgical residents, emergency medicine residents, and critical care fellows often encounter such as patient nutrition, the use of antibiotics, wound care, and some of the unique pathologic conditions seen in this distinct and often critically injured population.
The book covers electrical burns, inhalation injury, chemical burns, and pediatric patient management. It also presents a full range of day-to-day management modalities along with sample orders and templates for patient presentation and the organization of notes. A quick-reference glossary includes many of the acronyms and abbreviations used in this setting as well as a list of useful equations and ranges.
This book will help you provide better patient care while shortening your learning curve. It stands alone as the most convenient, practical, and informative guide available today for those working with burn patients.
- Examines burn care, from initial assessment and treatment to long-term sequelae
- Presents sample orders and templates for patient presentation and organization of notes
- Describes when to refer a patient to a burn unit
- Works as a quick reference in an emergency situation
- Features authors who understand the questions trainees might have about burn patients
- Includes a complimentary eBook version with print purchase